Date: July 29, 2017
Time: 10:30am – 4:00pm
Location: Simon Fraser University Surrey Campus
Lunch will be provided.
I am delighted to be a part of Ignite Your Passion Conference for the second year in a row. The Simon Fraser University Passion Club aims to help students from all faculties explore different options, exchange ideas, and inspire action to towards a clearer career path. The conference will feature keynote speakers, a Q&A panel discussion, networking opportunities, and catered lunch.
Featuring professionals in a range of industries, such as entrepreneurship, medicine, education, arts, and science:
- Brittany Whitmore, Founder of Exvera Communications and Founder/Executive Director of TEDxGastownWomen
- Martin Mroz, Director of Health and Counselling Services at Simon Fraser University
- Meenu Deol, Marketing Programs Coordinator at Allocadia, Co-Founder at Living Atman
- Rosio Godomar, Founder at Educate Girls Network , former Senior Programme Officer, World Food Programme
- Dr. Angela Brooks-Wilson, PhD
– Head of Cancer Genetics, Canada’s Michael Smith Genome Sciences Centre, BC Cancer Agency
– Professor & Chair, Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology, Simon Fraser University
– Professor, Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia
- Dr. Christin Wiedemann, PhD. Physics
-Co-CEO at PQA Testing|
-President Canadian Women in Science and Technology
As well as our additional panelists:
- Dr. Grace Lee, Clinical Neuroscientist, E-Commerce Entrepreneur, and Director of Krimson Marketing Inc.
- Hugo Saito, Project Technologist, Land Development at BC Housing
Thank you for inviting me! The event was a huge success!
The organizers created a wonderful recap video of the event. Watch it on YouTube HERE .